Sunday, May 15, 2011

Blame the 'Demi Bust'.....

You may remember my 'Demi Bust' from a previous post,  the 'Demi' part was some what unintentional so I planned to revisit the pattern and begin work on another sample (the pattern is adapted and I have a couple of sizes cut out and ready to build - the plan is underway). Now to the present - I  just took an order based on that particular 'Demi Bust' sample, however it is to be adapted into an underbust. For the benefit of  the client I made a quick underbust line drawing and did a little photoshop adjustment so I could present something of an example of how it might look.





 
Not bad really, plus it will still have the simple boning/construction for comfort and the lovely curvy shape.



Now that also got me thinking about the original sample, like all my corset experiments it has been listed to my ETSY store (which is great because that is how I received this current order).......but it really isn't as wearable as I would like. Long story short I've decided to reshape it into a nice vampy underbust which should improve its fit and look by leaps and bounds. Here's the new shaping I'm going to try:-


UPDATE
I've already done the required shaping and recut the bones to the new size, so it's just the short journey to the finish line for this little revamped beauty :)

1 comment:

Ruth said...

Go you good thing :) Great idea to make that one more wearable, it's going to look fab (though of course it does already!) xxx