Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Wrapped up good......

Over the last few weeks I've also been  playing around with design ideas and trying various pattern making and corset techniques. One such design needing a pattern was this corset dress....
Now instead of my traditional methods of pattern drafting I decided to try something a little different. Based loosely on the duct tape method I've seen all over the net, I set about wrapping my mannequin and marking out my desired pattern lines. There are actually x2 separate corset patterns marked out, being that only half the body is required for each pattern (I'll get back to the second one in another post).

Because I used clear packaging tape it had quiet a cool ghostly effect once it was taken off the mannequin, you can also see how it keeps it's shape too....


Of course it still ends up a paper pattern anyway - so I can add the seam allowances.

Now to test my lovely new pattern with a mock up.............:)

No comments: